I spent the weekend with my partner and cousin-in-law visiting friends in Nottingham, but awoke this morning to news of major scale rioting and looting in a deprived part of north London called Tottenham, apparently caused by resentment at the police shooting of Tottenham resident Mark Duggan, last Thursday.
I was considering heading up there to take pictures of the carnage, but after following events on Twitter, came across this dissuading tweet:
Perhaps this chap has a valid point. With many Tottenham residents in anguish over their destroyed town centre - which, frankly, looks like a war zone, the last thing they need are ‘disaster tourists’ photographing their misery.
It has to be said that I’m increasingly finding Twitter a more reliable source of news than the news channels, so if you’re minded to follow the relevant hashtags, they’re mainly #Tottenham and #Tottenham Riots.
- trainstationglance likes this
- janeheather likes this
- mindthegab likes this
- deergirl-amelia likes this
- concealing-your-thievery reblogged this from londonlife
- concealing-your-thievery likes this
- sugarhighsandslashytoppings likes this
- vintagewhoree said: I live in Tottenahm. It took me 3 hours to get home last night because there was no buses. Madness.
- nintenduh64 reblogged this from londonlife and added:
- redkuba likes this
- londonlife posted this